The Ford Escape is one of the most popular models in our current line-up, thanks in large part to its something-for-everybody versatility. Escape has the comfort and feel of a sedan with the space and capability of an SUV, and for many drivers it’s a perfect fit. Now that the redesigned 2017 Escape has been revealed, we’d like to go over some of the differences between the 2017 and 2016 Ford Escape to help you get a sense of what the future holds should you ever decide to opt for a new model.
2017 Escape vs 2016 Escape
Much of what drivers love about the 2016 Escape stays put for 2017 – great starting price, excellent fuel economy, impressive power and capability, and a spacious and versatile cabin are all hallmarks of the Escape, and they’ll pick right back up in this new model year. What’s changing then? The keys here are design and technology, and we’ll delve into both to paint a clearer picture of what’s new for Escape.
Redesigned interior for the 2017 Ford Escape
One of the biggest changes is noticeable only once you climb inside. With enhanced ergonomics and more convenient storage, you’ve got more of the comfort and convenience than ever before, with:
- Push-button electronic parking brake
- Reworked center console area
- Additional storage bin with lighted USB port and covered power outlet
- Improved cupholders (better accommodation for cups of all sizes!)
- Extended center armrest
- All-new steering wheel with easy-to-work buttons
- Swing-bin glove box
New technology features
If there’s anything we’re more excited by in the 2017 Escape than enhanced comfort and style, it’s definitely the tech features that will be heightening overall owner experience from this point forward. On deck for the 2017 in terms of available vehicle technology, you can expect to see the following:
- Auto Start-Stop standard on EcoBoost engine models
- New paddle-shift technology for Escape SE and Escape Titanium models
- SYNC Connect technology with remote access through FordPass
- Driver-assist technologies including adaptive cruise, park assist, and driver alert system
If you have any questions about the new features available in the 2017 Ford Escape, please let us know! We’ll be happy to give you a full tour as well once we’ve got it in stock here at Western Slope Auto in Grand Junction CO!